Friday, July 31, 2015

Cooking in the camp: A Girl Scout’s Experience

Being a Girl Scout is not only about selling cookies and sisterhood. I’ve also learned how to cook camping food!
Michelle cooks chicken [Photograph] by LibraryRachel. 2009.
Camping makes me remember my experience as a Girl Scout. I’ve learned the oath and the hymn, seen ceremonies and learned survival skills. One of the survival skills I’ve learned as a Girl Scout was cooking. The most memorable camping meal I’ve ever cooked was when we prepared our meal using juice packs. The packs were emptied and we used that to stew some pork and steam rice. It was incredible how further you can be resourceful when it comes to cooking camping food.

It was also amazing how you can grill corn on a cob. But would you believe that I’ve cooked egg on a hot grill without a flat surface? Yes! This one amazing camping food trick that you should know - you can grill an egg as long as its shell is on.

What is the most resourceful thing you have ever done on your camping trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment